Friday, October 17, 2008

Tesla's home- but we're still fixing her...

First of all, let me thank each and every one of you for the kind words. You have no idea how much it means, and yet, a lot of you do know. having a sick baby is worse than anything. I will get back to commenting and thanking each and every one of you. i promise. But, i have to make sure i have time to actually be here at the computer. Instead of hovering over sick children.

I brought tes home this afternoon... she seemed a bit more active than before she went to the vets. She played... sorta. She's not fond of playing along with the shrimp hans. She laid in her box and he followed all happy and laying in there with her. Then she promptly left.

Maybe she is getting better. but its very slow.

she put up a bit of a protest while they did their xrays, growlin and hissin at the vet and the techs.

I got her home and let her wander. Now, i followed her into the laundry room ~650pm. Her box is in there but she won't use the paper stuff for han's declaw so, she sat there and stared at me like "ummm... what the heck? i'm not using that"

So i fixed hers.

She had pure liquid diarrhea... and she covered it up, stepped through her box, and started heaving.

The diarrhea was also full of hair.

Threw up 2-3 times.

I was so upset. I called the lady dr. No answer. I called her usual vet- he always answers. and he's a good vet. And friend. I was so grateful to talk to someone. I was very upset about it. I've never seen an animal go through this.

He said she should go back in tomorrow and get fluids. I don't think he would've had her come home tonight.

So, she'll most likely be going in tomorrow too.

He ended the conversation with 'don't worry, we'll get her through this.' it was a very calm and reassuring voice, and i believe him. It might be hard... but... we'll be ok.

She did however eat a couple of pieces of food for me today. I think she's more angry about being locked in the laundry room right now.

but i can't afford dry cleaning on anymore comforters.

He's locked in the bathroom with a nice little set up. He sounds like a little kid with a bad cold. Poor kid.

My poor babies are sick. i hate not having them out all the time, but, maybe its better if they relax without each other.

They sleep most of the time when they're in their rooms now, being sick and all. So, maybe it'll help them heal faster. i sure hope so.

Keep thinking of us. But i just couldn't go to bed without one last night update.

15 face swats:

Boots, Ozzie and Brenda said...

Hang in there Mom. I am nursing a sick cat myself and I know its exhausting. It sounds like things are starting to go through her so maybe that is a good thing.

We are purring hard for you and your kids.

Brenda & Ninja

Mickey's Musings said...

Thanks you for the update. Sick kitties are a worry.Does your Vet have overnight care? If not maybe that is why they sent her home. I agree keeping them apart is the best thing until both are healthy.That will lower the stress on them(and you)
Sleeping is a good way for the body to recover too(for Mom also )
Keep us posted, We worry about your sweet baby too :)
Mickey's Mom

The Island Cats said...

I'd be going crazy with worry too! But sounds like you have a very caring vet. I'm keeping good thoughts that the morning will find them better....

Keep us posted.

Island Cats' mom

Samantha & Mom said...

Purrrrs and hugs to you! It's lots of work with sick kitties and we will purrr for them both to get well quick!
YFF,

Chesney Cats said...

We are purring & purraying so hard for Tesla & Hans to feel better soon. We almost lost Festus in June, so mama kind of knows what your going through. It's very hard on the mamas when their babies are sick.

Hugs & Purrs,
Sammy, Festus & Emma

Anonymous said...

Sorry for coming by so late, thanx for the updates, Tesla and Hans are in our thots. :hugs:
Yes, putting in fluids/iv drip is good in flushing out the toxins through peeing and helps circulate the medications more effectively and keeps her hydrated/energy level up, even if she does not take any food.
As for Hans, is he taking flu medications/antibiotics? Give them a couple of days to work, he should be well in no time.
This is from experience with the 3 stooges' furcousins and the time I've worked at the vet clinic.
It's stressful times but hang in there and with the care of the vets, the kitties will get over their sickies!
Sending our healing thots and warmest hugs and love.
~Mach

Kaz's Cats said...

We hope you and your kitties get lots of sleep and heal up. We're sending big purrs and purrayers to Tesla and Hans and to you,

{kittyhugs}

Gypsy & Tasha

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Poor little sweethearts and poor mommy too!

We'll be thinking and purring for you guys this weekend. This will pass and they will be OK soon. It is so hard in the meantime. You are doing the best you can and hopefully they will be back to their healthy selves soon.

Purrs Goldie, Shade and PM~Danica

Anonymous said...

Hairballs can be nasty! We do hope that is all it is. Feel better soon, Tesla.

Mom says having a sick kitty is just as hard on her as it is on the kitty.

Parker said...

Thanks for the update, this is awful! At least some of those hairballs are getting out!
We're purring for both Telsa and Hans (and you!)

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Thanks for the update. We are very worried about Tesla, hope she is able to get rid of the hairball soon.

Hope Hans is feeling better.

We are purring for all of you. ~S,S & C

Robyn and The (Mostly) Badass Cat said...

Oh! We just hearded. We are now starting to purr and purr and purr for Tesla to feel all better soon. And more purrs for yoo.
PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS,
Sanjee and the resta the Hotties

Shaggy and Scout said...

((((hugs))))
We appreciate any updates you give. We are worried about Tesla too and are praying for a speedy recovery. What an ordeal for her, and you too! The fluids should really help.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow! Two of them sick! YUCK.

I think that the fact that you saw hair is a good thing! YEAH. Come on Tesla--get better!

Daisy said...

Oh noes! My Bloglines has been not acting right and I missed everything. I am so sorry that Tesla, and now Hans, are so sick. Harley and I are purring and purring and purring for them. I am so worried!