"The Extermination
Dogs have stolen my heart, as well as many people I have encountered throughout my life. They are our companions, our protectors, our loyal sidekicks, but more than that they are a part of our family. They are our babies. No matter what happens in this life, no matter what we go through. Our dogs are always there for us. In our darkest times, they’re always there just waiting and always happy to see us. Even if we go away on long trips, sure they’ll get annoyed and not talk to us for a day or two, but they always are there to greet you first to say hi and thanks for not really forgetting about me- I forgive you, even if I don’t want to be around you for a while, I’m just glad you’re back.
What happens when things change? What happens when someone comes into our homes and demands our animals be handed over for extermination? How are you going to feel if someone shows up on your doorstep and tells you that the new law says your beloved family member is going to be taken away from you and there’s nothing you can do? There’s a brand new law they’re trying to pass in the state of Ohio that says any pit bull will be euthanized just because of its breed. Regardless of disposition- pure bred or cross breed- 90 days after the law is passed- you must surrender your pet for euthanasia. Good or bad, your state says they hate all pit bulls just because of a few that were doing exactly what their owners trained them to do. Why punish an animal for what we are originally teaching it? So many pit bulls are sweet and wouldn’t hurt a soul, and just because of their breed you’re going to put them down? You can’t just exterminate a race because you don’t like them. Didn’t we learn this before somewhere in history? I can’t put my finger on it… but I’m pretty sure, annihilating an entire population- of ANY kind- is severely frowned upon. "
Mommeh iz nervous iz not good enouf- pwease tell us if yoo like it or not. I hope yoo does. We worked hard on it. Promise.
I sink dat mommeh iz tired from working on dis. Edited a lot. Still 346 words or so. Some more den dat. I no haz tim fer sum comments aday. Soon.
However, did want to let you knows, dat i was given dis great award from meh friends da PB & J kittehs:
Sank yoo guys!
I also will be giving dis award to--- Daisy, the meezers and bill, Goldie & Shade and also, Mickey. Sanks guys for being so much fun to visit!
-luf yoo all,
tesla















10 face swats:
Thank you Tesla for that award!! I am SO happy :)!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!
I like the story your Mom wrote. I am also sad & mad that doggies must die because some people do not like them. If they train them to be mean,why are they surprised that they are mean? Any breed can be trained to be mean!!
I think Ohio is wrong!
Purrs Mickey
We like your mom's essay. We even put a link to it in yesterday's post on Stop the Pit Bull Ban.
Jan can imagine how she would feel if someone came to her door and demanded any of us be turned over to be killed.
We hope your newspaper will print your essay! Good job!
oh FANK YOU Tesla!!! You are so very sweet!!!!!
Thanks for the award!! You are a sweet friend!
Your mom did a great job on the article. Sad subject but she expressed herself wonderfully. Well done!
~Goldie and Shade
I think your mom did a great job; the article is written in a way that really makes the issue personal.
Congratulations on your award, and thank you ever so much for thinking of me, too! Tesla, you are nice.
This is good and gives a clear insight into what some poor pet owners will be going through. FAZ
Hi, Tesla, We had a couple of emails from friends on your essay. JFF
hi there- would like to say a word about the essay! one word "WONDERFUL"
I am not a blogger- but I do keep up with a few- I like what you wrote--I hope it hits more newspapers than just ONE!
GREAT job
kc
Gentleannie2.com
Another wrote: She is right on this - extermination of a whole race is nothing new, and is the wrong way to go.
Your Mom did a very good job. We are fighting hard against this bill. We are embarrased to be from Ohio...
Hey Tesla - Your Mummy thought of a great topic. I wouldn't know what to write about! I love you pic on top of your site....great trivia about callco cat by the way!
Also, CONCATS on the award! Very cool indeed!
Love Charlotte x
Your Mom did a great job on the essay. We are sure it touched a lot of hearts. ~Socks, Scylla & Charybdis
Post a Comment