Hi, mom bean here again.
First- thanks to ALL of you who have been leaving kind comments. After the weekend i've had, i'm exhausted. So, i will get to them as soon as i have time (we're looking closer to wednesday) but i promise to get back to all of you.
This morning after she urinated on the bed- my husband and i slept on our itty bitty couch. Poor bed. Been thrown up on and peed on. Poor Tesla.
So, this morning after i wrote on here i went into her room to get her, to find she had vomited in her box. So- she's aware enough to run to her box to throw up, but not urinate? However, its partly my fault. Since Hans is so young yet (and tesla's mostly a bad kitty) we've always had the door closed to our bedroom and keep them with us= as it stresses tesla more. Well, because i had the door closed i figure she couldn't even get to the box.
But that might not be the case.
I stuffed the kitty in the ptu and headed for work. I had a huge towel in there as well so that if she DID urinate (and because of the size of the puddle she made) it would soak it up.
No accidents. At work she maoed because she didn't want to be in the cage. Which she didn't mao at ALL when i took her in yesterday for the fluids.
Dr. says, change the meds because he thinks that's what made her vomit. Fine- i threw them out. We changed to Baytril 22.7 mgs. ANd she's been on that before no problem.
We took her out again and my friend helped me take her temp- she let me cuddle her, and she had 101.9 - perfectly normal- temp. Dr. Examined her again. Says, 'def upper resp' (or URI). Crusted nose and all. Doing our reverse sneeze (which is pretty darn scary if you don't know about it-- almost looks like hyperventilating) which looks something like this (esp the violent part):
And then he had another dr. look at her too- who said the same thing. (always good to have 2 opinions that match!) and they came to the conclusion that she was so sick, she was disoriented for the urinating, and as soon as she's better i shouldn't have another problem.
More fluids.
gave the baytril- never vomited. Perked up quite a bit! She maoed at me the whole way home in the car. We got home, she immediately went to her box, and used it.
Then she ate some- (terrible picture but it was a cell phone and as good as i could get.)
She didn't finish, but she still ate some. And she did it on her own. her ears are a nice cool touch, and she seems ok- eyes are wider. Her throat is sore, and then that sneeze comes on. But hopefully with the baytril she'll be much better. She's VERY easy to pill. (thank goodness, cats can be SCARY)
This is a youtube video of a cat (i have no idea who) :
And i HAVE had the unhappy experience of having to help with a cat like this one. And let me tell you what- some animals just talk- cats mean business!
So i'm always happy when my babies just kind of sit there and stare and blink at me.
And thank you- i still am convinced it was you guys who made everything ok for tesla. Really.
From the bottom of my heart, i thank you. God heard all our prayers, and has saved my baby again :)
Power of the Paw for Sweet Dalton
10 hours ago















21 face swats:
Thanks for the update!!! I am so happy Tesla seems to be on the mend!!!!!!!!! I will keep purring just to be safe :)
(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))
Purrs Mickey
YAY!! we hadded to come by and see if there was a update. We is so happy her temp is down and she's eating!
you keep feeling better Tesla honey!!!!
We'll keep sending Purrs to Tesla. We hope she is all better soon! Thanks for the update!
Sniffie and the Florida Furkids
I am keeping sending my purrs to Tesla~!
She will be alright~!
Tesla sounds a whole lot better, and that's great to hear! We're hoping and purraying that it keeps up so you humans can get some rest!
We had no idea that you where sick Telsa. We sure do hope you get better soon. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and purrs...
I'm sowwy I haven't been awound fow days..Poow Tesla
I'm so glad you'we on the mend
I'll come and give you clean sheets if you want
healing smoochie kisses
ASTA
Poor Tesla! I didn't realize you were so sick at my party. I'm glad you and Hansel were able to make it.
I will turn my purr and prayer button on high high to make sure you get all better. puuuuurrrrrrrs
sweet tesla, we is furry glad you is doin' better. we ain't stopping purrin', though!! kisses, kisses!!
the meowers
Tesla we are so glad you are doing better!! We will keep purrring until you are all 100%!!
Your FL furiends,
I am glad that it sounds like she is a bit better. We hope you keep getting better and better Tesla!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST.
A Reverse Sneeze is what KC is doing and I tried and tried and tried to describe it to the vet. When KC does it, a bit of her tongue hangs out, makes it even scarier if possible. She will almost fall over from the effort.
Bless you for this post. I never would have known... I was going to take a video of KC in the act and show it to the vet.
Good news for Tesla (and for you and your furniture and household) that she is improving. KC was on Baytril and it was the ONLY thing that works.
What would we do without our great friends in the Cat Blogosphere.
Love, Mommie ML
I had never heard of reverse sneezing before. I am so glad that Tesla is doing better and even eating on her own. I hope that the Baytril takes care of everything and that she will be completely well very soon. I am keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hooray for Tesla! I am so glad she is starting to get better. That was very, very scairty! I am still purring and purring for her.
I'm so pleased that Tesla is improving. I'll keep up with the rumbly purrs though.
Whicky Wuudler
We are glad Tesla is improving and we will keep purring for her.
The cat at the V E T is scary! Doesn't seem like he's very happy to be there.
That's a lot better news for us to read tonight. We're glad that Tesla's got some medicine that is working properly and helping her. Still purring for her, but we're confident that she'll just keep getting better and better now.
{{Hugs}}
Gypsy & Tasha & Kaz (Mum)
We are still purring for Tesla.
Mommy says she can tell how sick S & C are by the fact that IF she can get a pill down them they are very sick. When they start feeling better they fight like Tasmanian Devils. I (Socks) am always good about doing what Mommy wants.
Mommy said that high temps cause your brain to do weird things. Youngest boy bean had a very high fever when he was about 5 and he was convinced he couldn't move. It scared Mommy very badly.
~S,S & C
We are still purring for sweet Telsa!
Yay! We are glad Tesla is already feeling better!
Yippee!!
Glad to hear you are feeling better Tesla!
yay!!
Purrs
Post a Comment